107 views
Verified Reviewer

My home loan was with JP Morgan Chase. Unfortunately my loan was in a block of business that was sold to Bayview.

I have had nothing but problems from day one. There have been so many problems I have decided to go with the current one.

In April 2020 I received my annual Escrow report. They wanted me to send them over $3,000 to hold in escrow. If I did not send the money my house payment would go up over $500.

When I looked at the report closer it showed they made an annual premium payment to Farmers Insurance for my house insurance. I never authorized Bayview to pay my insurance . I called Bayview and was to to write them a letter. With their permission I scanned the letter and emailed to customer service.

I also told them I wanted the escrow report redone so I would if my house payment the normal amount and would not pay my May payment until this is done.

May came and of course I had not heard anything from Bayview. I called them again and they claimed they never received my letter and until they receive it I would need to make the May payment. I said I would send another letter and make the inflated May payment. I refused to make any payment other than the normal amount.

I was told I would have to make the inflated amount until this is resolved. I said no, I worked in the corporate world in customer service and exceptions can be made. I wrote another letter and emailed it along with the original and told them I would contact Farmers to have the money sent back since it appeared they hadn't done so.

I called Farmers and explained the situation. They were more than happy to send it back.

Rather than sending it Bayview they sent it to me. I called Bayview and spoke with someone in the escrow department. I was told to cash the check and call back to make the payment. A couple days later I called back to pay back the escrow.

The person I spoke with said there wasn't a letter in my file but took my payment if I could email another letter. As soon as I hung up I emailed the letters once again.

June came along and I received my monthly statement and they applied the money I had paid for escrow to my past due and I owed them a little over $1,000. I figured they decided to do that so I paid it feeling good that it was caught up and would receive an updated escrow report.

It's now July and I received a letter stating they moved the money that should have gone to escrow so now I was behind once again.

Today I received not one but two threatening letters. I am too angry to call them today so if everyone feels the earth move tomorrow know that it's me arguing with Bayview.

User's recommendation: Stay away at all cost from this poorly run company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bayview Loan Servicing Mortgage.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Bayview Loan Servicing Cons: Too many to list.

Comments