188 views
2.0

These people held my mortgage for a home I had lived in for 22 years. They co-erced me into doing a loan modification plan which would lower my payments to $688/mo. I first did a 3 month trial program succesfuly.

The FMV on that home was $240,00 and I only had $30,000+ remaining on the loan.

After that, I was sent a final loan modification package to complete. Un fortunately it arrived on the same day my son was admitted to the hospital for emergency surgery for stomach cancer. After a few days I called to let them know what was going on and that I would get the paperwork filled out as soon as possible. I was told that I would be mailed a "letter of denial form" to complete describing the situation I was experiencing. After a week I called them to say it had not arrived. They said it might take a few days. This went on for a month or two

with me calling every other day asking where it was. I finally reached a different person who said she would look into it.

I called back a few days later and she told me that the letter had been generated but for some reason had never been mailed out. She advised me to go ahead and return the pre addressed FedEx package and she would alert her people that it was enroute but without the "letter" because it was never sent to me.

I shortly received a letter informing me of there intention to foreclose because I failed to return the paperwork. What? Did they even bother to check with rhere own staffers that I had been talking to all this time? Apparently not. It was as if I just ignored without explanation their communications with me.

Within days I recieved a letter that the home would be sold on the courthouse steps in 5 days. The only way I could avoid that was to payoff the balance of $35,000 within 24 hours. Obviousy there was no way a 76 year old retiree living on social security could do that. Also not enough time to refinance with another lender.

So here I am, homeless since the people that bought it on the courthouse steps evicted me. Oh, and while all this was going on, before the actual foreclosure, my Son age 51 died.

How ruthless and heartlless can any mortgage company be? There has got to be a special place in *** for them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bayview Loan Servicing Loan Modification.

Reason of review: Loan modification scam.

Bayview Loan Servicing Cons: Online appts made n confirmed w mgr but no call back, Foreclosure, Incompetent staff.

Comments